At Horizon Civil Engineering we care about the impact of our operations on the environment. We adhere to a strict Environment Policy, we have held BS8555 since July 2014 Seren Scheme Level 2, and take active measures in key areas such as waste, energy and fuel consumption.
We are committed to sound environmental practice through:
Improving Waste Management
- Working in partnership with our Supply Chain Partner, we ensure that all our waste is separated prior to disposal, and then recycled.
Locally Purchased Materials
- Every effort is made to source materials locally to reduce our environmental impact.
Reducing Energy Consumption
- We promote through the company the importance of the reduction of energy consumption and materials harmful to the environment both in our offices and on our sites. As a environmentally aware company, we are fitting our fleet of vehicles with a tracking system to better enable fuel economy and to further reduce unwanted journeys.
Working with our Suppliers
- We work closely with our suppliers to actively encourage them to adopt sound environmental practices.
Maintaining our exemplary Environmental Record
- To date we have had Zero prosecutions relating to environmental incidents.